Unicool 5584 is a high value, petroleum-based soluble oil designed for use where economy, lubricity, biostability, freedom from odors, low foam and ease of concentration control is critical. Unicool 5584 contains boundary and EP lubricity additives for tough machining operations. The rust inhibitor package is effective in preventing corrosion or stain on aluminum and steel parts. Unicool 5584 leaves a mild oil residue on machines and tool components that can be cleaned easily with a solvent or mild alkaline cleaner.
Due to its petroleum nature, Unicool 5584 is fully compatible with equipment seals.
Features and Benefits
- Very good hard water stability
- Contains unique, high molecular weight lubricity agents for aluminum and steel
- Does not stain aluminum or yellow metals
- Does not contain non-regulated chlorinated paraffin
- Does not contain sulfur
- Contains a very good bio-stability package
Unicool 5584 can be used readily to machine ferrous and non-ferrous materials including cast iron, carbon steels and aluminum alloy substrates. Unicool 5584 also can be used for drilling, milling, turning, tapping and broaching on the above substrates.