Unicool 397 is a moderate duty synthetic metalworking fluid containing a combination lubricity and EP package for use in a variety of machining operations. Unicool 397 has superior rancidity control with the absence of Monday morning odors or slime due to its effective protection against bacteria and fungus.
Features and Benefits
- Extremely low foam characteristics
- Good parts and machine rust protection
- Non-ferrous corrosion inhibitors to prevent attack on wiring or yellow metals
- Rejects hydraulic and other tramp oils
- Does not contain sulfur, chlorine, nitrites or phenols
Recommended Use and Concentrations
Unicool 397 can be diluted with RO, deionized, or tap water. If desired, your DCT representative can arrange laboratory water testing. Makeup for evaporation may be best accomplished with DI or RO water to prevent hard water buildups. Unicool 397 can be used in many operations throughout the shop; just vary the dilution from 4 to 10% or higher to suit the job requirements. Product concentration is easily controlled by refractometer. Product pH and bio-control are typically maintained by product makeup without the addition of additives.